Blogs > The Law Blogger

The Law Blogger is a law-related blog that informs and discusses current matters of legal interest to readers of The Oakland Press and to consumers of legal services in the community. We hope readers will  find it entertaining but also informative. The Law Blogger does not, however, impart legal advice, as only attorneys are licensed to provide legal counsel.
For more information email: tflynn@clarkstonlegal.com

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Practicing Lawyers Embrace Social Media

This Thursday, I will be presenting in Seattle, WA to a group of lawyers from around the country on the topic of social media.  Not considering myself an expert in the field, I was surprised to get the invitation to join an esteemed panel.

Here's the catch; the good folks at Avvo.com, a website designed to interface consumers of legal [and health care] services with the providers of those services, wanted a panel made of practicing attorneys; not just the usual "social media marketing" consultants.

Lawyers are not just dabbling in social media these days.  For most, getting connected and developing a robust electronic profile is now a "catch-up" exercise.

So I will be addressing conference attendees on how, as a busy practicing attorney, I have utilized social media in my law practice.  Along with the other panelists from around the country, I will be sharing my experience with utilizing social media to get our law firm message out to our target  audience.

Thanks, in part, to the followers of this blog, I can point to sustained search results placing us near the top of hyper-local searches for legal services in Northern Oakland County.

As a preview to this presentation, I was interviewed by Colin O'Keefe [from the Seattle area] of LXBN TV.  Here is a link to Colin's interview.

www.clarkstonlegal.com

info@clarkstonlegal.com

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Very interesting website, I really appreciate your time and effort and sharing this wonderful topic with us. new business

October 2, 2012 at 3:17 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home