Elimination of Some Driver Responsibility Fees
|Secretary of State|
The new law eliminates drivers responsibility fees for the following tickets:
- Operating a vehicle with an expired license;
- Operating without a valid license;
- Having more than one license;
- Failure to surrender license from another state;
- Failure to maintain mandatory vehicle insurance;
- Failure to produce proof of insurance;
- Providing false evidence of insurance.
The more significant drivers' responsibility fees for the alcohol-related driving offenses are, of course, still in place. These fees range from $500 to $1000 for two years.